(English Audio) Deep-dive 1: Getting the impact finance straight
About this session
- What is the difference of impact investment from ESG investing? Why does it matter to have a clear intention to make a positive impact? How does the perspective of thinking about impact affect actual investment behaviour?
- What is the lowest line of returns that impact investors accept? How to answer the question of fiduciary duty?
- How are investors involved in identifying, monitoring, and evaluating the impact? Is there a difference depending on the asset class?
- Priscilla Boiardi, Policy Analyst – Private Finance for Sustainable Development, Financing for Sustainable Development, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD
- Ryosuke Imai, Deputy Director for Environmental Finance, Environment and Economy Division, Minister’s Secretariat, Ministry of Environment
- Akiyo Inaba, General Manager, Sustainability Management Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings
- Michael Salvatico, Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development, S&P Global Sustainable 1
- Moderator: Ryuichi Horie, Co-founder and CEO, CSR Design