(English Audio) Plenary 4: The digital transformation and ESG
A Session by Mayumi Kudo, Marianne Haahr, Arisa Kishigami, Mattias Levin and Chie Mitsui
Green Digital Finance Alliance,
European Commission - DG FISMA and
Digital Financial Business Planning Department Ⅰ, Nomura Research Institute
About this session
One of the Suga government’s flagship policies is to lead digitalisation of public administration and promote its further advancement in the private sector. Digital transformation is also at the core of Keidanren’s vision of Society 5.0 to resolve existing social and environmental challenges. What does this trend mean to investors?
- How are emerging technologies used in ESG analysis? How to overcome potential problems of data bias, transparency, and language?
- Are current sustainability reporting frameworks promoting digitalisation? What could the changes mean for data users?
- Will the tech industries accumulate more wealth and power as a result? And how do they themselves score on governance and social issues based on concerns about their use of big data, social influence and tax avoidance, etc.?
- Mayumi Kudo, Product Manager and ESG Group Leader (Japan), Schroders
- Marianne Haahr, Executive Director, Green Digital Finance Alliance
- Chie Mitsui, Senior Researcher, Data Analyst, Digital Financial Business Planning Department Ⅰ, Nomura Research Institute
- Mattias Levis, Deputy Head of Digital Finance Unit, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
- Moderator: Arisa Kishigami, Independent Consultant, EnCycleS