(English Audio) Deep-dive 4: Developing reliable ESG metrics and relevant benchmarks
A Session by Yoshiyuki Makino, Jenny Mathilde Nordby, Keiichi Ushijima and Richard Barker
S&P Dow Jones Indices,
EY Japan and
University of Oxford
About this session
- What does financially-relevant, real-time ESG data look like? Is it achievable?
- How do the current developments around disclosure frameworks feed into decision-useful ESG data? How should the concept of double-materiality be treated?
- Engagement with index providers and rating agencies is one of GPIF’s key initiatives. Is it helping investors to have more clarity on ESG index construction or ESG rating methods?
- Richard Barker, Professor of Accounting and Associate Dean of Faculty, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Jenny Nordby, Head of Partnerships & Third-Party Distribution, RepRisk
- Yoshiyuki Makino, Managing Director, Head of Japan Office, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Moderator: Keiichi Ushijima, Climate Change and Sustainability Services Leader, EY Japan