(English Audio) Plenary 5: Fixed income for transition
A Session by Kazuyuki Mitsuhashi, Aldo Romani, Tadashi Tago, Reiko Hayashi and Takeshi Mizuguchi
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation,
European Investment Bank,
ICMA and BofA Securities Japan and
Takasaki City University of Economics
About this session
The demand for green, social and sustainability-linked bonds is consistently growing. In addition to project bonds, KPI-linked bonds and loans have emerged as new tools for corporates to access sustainability funds. Has the fixed income market reached the height of catalysing the transition to a carbon-neutral, sustainable economy?
- How attractive are sustainable fixed income products to investors in this hyper low-interest environment? What's needed to mobilise more capital?
- How might KPI-linked loans and bonds change the game for sustainable finance?
- Why and how international investors are taking a step up on corporate and government bond engagement?
- Tadashi Tago, Japan Country Head, FTSE Russell
- Aldo Romani, Head of Sustainability Funding, European Investment Bank
- Carmen Nuzzo, Head of Fixed Income, PRI
- Takeshi Mizuguchi, President, Takasaki City University of Economics
- Moderator: Reiko Hayashi, Board Member, ICMA, Director and Deputy President, BofA Securities Japan