About this session
Japan’s Corporate Governance Code will have its second revision in March 2021. The planned market restructure at the Tokyo Stock Exchange in Spring 2022 is also closely tied to the degree of compliance with the Code. Corporate governance reforms launched back in 2014 are bearing fruits and gradually improving capital efficiency. While investors and financial institutions grow awareness of the interconnectivity of ESG issues, what would be the future direction of value creation?
- How does the latest revision of the Corporate Governance Code bring improvements for investors?
- How can the corporate-investor collaboration for value creation strengthen corporate resiliency further in the changing social and economic environment?
- What is the role of asset owners in monitoring exercising active ownership?
- Marco Becht, Professor of Finance and the Goldschmidt Professor of Corporate Governance, the Solvay Brussels School for Economics and Management at Université libre de Bruxelles, and Executive Director, ECGI
- Yoshihisa Masaki, Director of Social Communication Bureau, Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)
- Kazuyuki Mitsuhashi, Senior Deputy General Manager - Asset Management Division, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- George Dallas, Policy Director, International Corporate Governance Network
- Moderator: Megumi Terayama, Managing Director, Nikko Research Center